Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
LOVE making meatballs as they are a quick and easy meal to get out to the family!
Found this recipe and thought I would share!
Throw all the ingredients for these turkey meatballs into a crock pot in the morning, set the timer, and indulge in a warm, hearty meal that night.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours, 2 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours, 22 minutes
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup whole grain panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- Combine turkey, ¼ tsp. salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
- Roll mixture into eighteen 1½-inch meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until meatballs are browned on each side. Place browned meatballs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Top meatballs with cooked onion, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook, covered, on low temperature for 5 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
For those following the Portion Fix Containers here is info on that!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 89 mg
Sodium: 319 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 19 g
*Courtesy of The Beahbody Blog
BS Biology | Cake Decorator turned Fitness Coach | Founder of Team Make i†
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11